The PRL facility although dedicated to performing nuclear research, is always looking for new industrial partners where our skills can help meet the research needs of others.
The PRL facility specialises in three main areas of research:
- High temperature processing (up to 1200o)
- Inert environments (Argon < 0.1 ppm O2 and H2)
- Analytical electrochemistry
This makes our capabilities ideally suited for industries who work in one or more of these areas.
This might include:
- Electroplating from a high temperatures salt or an aqueous solution
- Investigation of phase change materials for heat storage
- Handling air sensitive materials for battery development
We work very closely with Edinburgh Innovations, who specialise in coupling the needs of our industrial partners with the research skills and facility’s within Edinburgh University.